Thursday, May 21, 2009

Tues & Wed

Steve & I have gone to work both of these mornings and Kevin is doing just fine until I get home at 1pm. He doesn't seem unstable at all, is acting so normally that it seems like a dream that he was in ICU 2 weekends ago. On Wed when I got home I took he and a friend (& Lizzie the dog) on a few errands and then for a drive in the mountains. We went to a little town just up a canyon from Boulder to visit some friends of theirs. I walked the dog while they hung out - they even walked a bit, we were there about 30 minutes. We returned home and Kevin crashed for 2 hours in the evening. He was up at 9 and I drove him to rent movies and his head was really hurting. The left front temple, which which was new so I was concerned and asked him over and over for a while. It didn't get worse - he stayed up and watched movies. On Wed, he took a few tylenol in the morning and none the rest of the day. Had a really good day. When I got home I took him to eat lunch and then to visit the restaurant where he works. He said they were glad to see him - and I know Kevin enjoyed stopping by. He had a whole group of friends in the afternoon, then another couple in the evening and never slept or lay down even until he went to bed for the night. He looked really good - is moving a little slowly, but otherwise looks and acts just like the old Kevin in that he can listen to music and talk to 5 friends and make a phone call - which many times is impossible for a TBI (traumatic brain injury) patient. His right ear is still bothering him and isn't quite back to normal and loud, banging noises are not good for his head - will set off a headache. His neck and shoulder areas are really bothering him - need to figure that out. He has a follow-up CT scan this morning and an appt with neurosurgeons tomorrow afternoon. I finally have a scipt for out-patient rehab in the hands of the rehab center and am waiting for the in-take person to call me.

No comments: